2010年12月9日星期四

We topped out on the replica Rolex Datejusts watch summit

The Summit:Simper: We topped out on the replica Rolex Datejusts watch summit at 8:40 on May 17. There it was, like a chorten kind of thing, wrapped in prayer flags, guaranteed to get tangled in your crampons when you’re trying to move around.Clarke: It was pretty spectacular.Simper: One thing I do remember is a bird. I did see a bird at the summit. A little brown finch thing. I had no idea birds went that high.The Descent:Clarke: I remember walking off and just trying to be like a sponge and soak it in, taking one big old 360 pan, looking at it all. I’m looking down the valley and Ama Dablam is just a little tiny mountain in the distance.Simper:

It’s funny, most of my life climbing to the top of mountains. But to think that you are the one place on the planet where there’s absolutely nothing for a very long way that is even close to being as tall as where you’re standing. It hit me hard.Clarke: I was replica Breitling watch thinking of family, mostly.Simper: On the way down I was thinking, OK, no mistakes, get off the mountain as fast as you can. We came down, it started to snow, and it’s like, OK, our weather window is gone. We gotta get out of here.Clarke: I couldn’t tell the difference between the cornice by the Hillary Step and the sky.

I was reaching out trying to find the cornice. replica Chopard watches Simper: We had enough oxygen so we decided to spend one more night above 8,000 meters, which is pretty unheard of. But the one thing that we didn’t really realize is that we were all out of food. We had no more food.Clarke: Not true. We had salt and water. We had soup, Yeti Soup.Simper: A couple of bullion cubes and a pound of water split between seven guys. Then we got up in the morning and had hot water. It has a lot of minerals in it. Then we broke camp down and headed down. I remember that long traverse from Camp IV, the mountain looked so beautiful. It was bittersweet to leave, it had taken so much to get here. We got past all these people, got back to Camp III, where we actually had a bunch of food.Clarke: Food that I forgot to bring to Camp IV.

没有评论:

发表评论